Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 9, Friday: On the road...again.

We were all up earlier than usual this morning.....both the 1st Lady and myself, and her brother and his wife, all had to leave for our various destinations....so, we kept busy emptying the fridge, making sure we had not left anything in the closets, drawers, under the beds, etc., etc ., etc. And by, a few minutes before nine we were both on the road, leaving Estes Park for the lower elevation of Loveland, by going down the really pretty Big Thompson Canyon. Within an hour the 1st Lady and I were at the RV Park where we had left TheHowserHouse for the past week.

We unloaded the bikes which had been in the kitchen, put them into the bed of the truck, and then I checked the tires of the trailer, which were all just perfect at 110 lbs. I hitched up the trailer, pulled it out of it's assigned place. Then we opened the rear slides to get a few things in the living room that we needed for reservation phone numbers, etc.....just as quickly closed them again.

A few more minutes of preps....and we pulled out of the RV Park, onto I-25 heading north towards Cheyenne, WY. It was after 11 by that time.....and before too long, Wyoming was under our wheels. We turned west onto I-80 and by 3:30pm, we were in Rawlins, WY.....and we were pulling in to an RV Park. Parking on gravel, we have ample room and lots of pull in/pull out space....WOW!!! Many other parks could certainly learn a lesson about how to design an rv park site map from this place!!!

After getting the hook-ups taken care of, and then a bit of sit down and relax time, I jumped back into the truck, went to a near-by "Flying J" truck stop, filled up with diesel, and then went east a few miles to get into Rawlins to pick up some things at the local supermarket. A bit disappointed I was at the choices they had in breads and deli meats. But.......hell, I am in the Wyoming desert...what should I have expected??? HUH????

Back at the rv park.......we had some sandwiches for supper. Too tired to cook and/or eat out someplace. I then called my very good friends, Gail and Mac......whom I had served in the USAF with for almost four years, including being in Thailand at the same time but on different bases. He checked at the RV Park where they have a "park model" which they live in during the summers. It is located in the Star Valley, south of Jackson Hole about 50 miles. He and I go back to the spring of 1967 in the USAF.....and we have remained very close friends for 42 years!!!! Sooo, we are heading there tomorrow....about 300 miles from here. We will be staying there at least two weeks, perhaps longer. He and I haven't been together for over two years....and we are both get older....UGH!!!

Soooooo, an evening of relaxing....doing some reading, watching some tv, and getting this blog written on time....hahaha. Aren't you glad????????!!!!!

I am not sure about the wifi availability there at the Star Valley RV Resort. I have my fingers crossed tightly!!!!!!! Soooo, if you don't hear anything on here tomorrow night, then you will know to continue to keep checking as I will post when I can, if we don't have access to the internet!

And.....today since the temps warmed up, it was not as nice a day in that respect, but the weather otherwise was perfect....blue skies, no winds, bright sunshine.....lovely. Just hated to feel the warmer temps after this past week.....it was soooooo damn nice with those cool days and even cooler nights. Oh well......can't have everything, can I????? However, as always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY WONDERFUL!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: