Saturday, June 18, 2005

Pics of Yellowstone and......Brownies!!

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Thank goodness, after a cold night down in the mid-thirties(!!), the sun was warming the Park by the time we raised our lazy, aging bodies and came down from the bedroom. The 1st Lady has not been sleeping well for the past several nights, but last night……she regained some of the sleeping hours she had lost in previous nights.

We left the park/cg around 10, as usual. Can’t seem to get away too early. Did I tell you that my under-the-cabinet coffee maker just simply died on me Wednesday morning???? No great burn-out or panic-like smoke or fire…….it just died after only ONE drip of hot water onto my freshly ground coffee!!!!! I’m sure some of you felt or heard me in my frustration and anger!!!!! What to do???????????? How could/can I exist without my daily infusion of caffeine from my wonderful black French Roast coffee????? I “lost it”…..and went hurrying up to the General Store here in the cg, and bought two LARGE coffees to bring back to TheHowserHouse. And guess what…….it wasn’t enough, so back again I went later that morning. SOOOOOO, Cedar Creek factory………this is STILL under warranty and I will be expecting a new one ASAP!!!!!
Anyway……we took off this morning and went shopping. The 1st Lady had bought me a new medium weight jacket with hood yesterday…..for Father’s Day. I told her she needed one, also…..but after looking at three different stores here in the Park….she decided not to get one. Perhaps I can talk her into it at a later day, and at another place?????

We then took a brief hike from the Lodge at Jackson Lake and walked to the spot where John D. Rockefeller had sat and decided to donate 32,000 acres to make this area a national park. He owned all of this land……..WOW!!! Again, the view was spectacular.

This afternoon I began to pack up the things that needed stowing in the basement for traveling. Checked out the tires, the wheel lugs, the oil level on the truck, etc., etc., etc.
Think we are about ready to move towards the Big Horns tomorrow. We may not go there tomorrow, but may stop at a couple of places on the way to do some looking around.
Right now we are experimenting with the Convection Oven for the very FIRST time. The brownie mix may burn, be liquid, or be thrown out…..we don’t know what the …..hell….we are doing!!!! Oh well, win some - lose some………and we shall see which it is.

Posted some pics this morning from our day in Yellowstone. They will probably be on todays with this post…..IF I can get online tonight. I posted the pics from Jackson Lake Lodge where I had electricity and GOOD/EXCELLENT cell phone service. Hope I can get this sent out this evening……or now. Will try. Will let you know how our baking with the generator and the convection oven goes……ha-ha.

HEY…….the brownies were fantastic!!!! IT WORKED….the way it should. Now, if only I had had some of my coffee……..I have run out of red medicine and will have to get my prescription refilled……SOON!!

Later….

No comments: