Friday, June 24, 2005

CRAP!!!! DAMN!!!!

Friday, june 24

Well,,,,,a person never knows what will happen next!!!! Soooooo. 1st of all, please pardon my typo mistakes….ok????? Yesterday, I broke my RIGHT arm!!!! How 2 explain?? I wish I could have had the fall video taped…..but no one was there but me. The 1st Lady had caught ALL the fish and we were headed back down the mts. To ThheHowserHouse when I saw the fast moving stream close 2 the rd. with a pulloff for the truck so I pulled over 2 clean all the fish. Finishing that task I saw that there were a couple of great places 2 throw a fly in, so I told the 1st Lady in the truck that I would be back n a few minutse.

I got my rod and went back to the stream and quickly caught a nice trout! Seeing another hole I started thru the underbrush to sneak up on the trout that I could actually see n the hole. I always “plan” my steps when moving across/thru rocky areas. I was close 2 the stream…a few bushes were between me and the water…..so I stepped on this large clump of grass, and it went straight down, and my right foot…and then my entire r. leg sank down into the icy water….my l. leg remained on land w/me doing the splits, l. leg sank to my waist & I still didn’t touch bottom …… BUT my r. arm/wrist slammed into a boulder…and I heard a crack……..I at first couldn’t move….and then the pain overtook my mind,….and I had 2 push myself up and out of the water w/my RIGHT hand/arm. Adrenaline??? Guess so!!!

Went back 2 the truck and told the 1st Lady…..and we headed on down the mt. the pain was pretty bad soooo I knew that I had really hurt my arm. Got home and put ice packs on it….. And took some pain pills…….hence no post on here last night.

It was supposed to have been a post about ALL the fish thr 1st Lady caught…….while I caught none…..she was soooooo excited!!!! But I was not able 2 think nor write……

TODAY I/we went n 2 Worland 2 the local hospital emergency rm. And after several xrays I got the expected word…..my arm was broken next 2 my wrist…and possibly running into the joint……UGH……DAMN…DAMN….DAMN!!!!!!! A really nice Dr. put it in a splint for a few days until the swelling goes down……next tues r wed. for now I have 2 keep it elevated…..and it is n 90 degree angle splint!!

And with the fish just starting to really hit the flies!!! Not sure what this means 2 our vagabonding around Wyoming!!!! Everyone here n the cg has come by and offered 2 help n anyway……soooooooo WONDERFUL!!!!!!

This is taking soooo much time 2 write/type!!!! Getting tired sooo will stop for now.
Later today……

Have u ever tried 2 brush your teeth w/the opposite hand??? Have u ever tried 2 zip your fly w/one hand??? Have u ever tried 2 put deodorant under the arm that is holding the deodorant??? Have u ever tried 2 shave yourself w/the opposite hand?? Welllllll, if not …then try to do so!!!! Being an “invalid” is pure HELL!!!! But, I’ll manage it: Success comes in cans….Failure comes in can’ts!!!!

I am going 2 try 2 fish after I get the cast put on next week …..if the pain factor goes away, or at least diminishes somewhat. I am now going to post this and then send a couple of pics.

Later……tomorrow!!

No comments: