Sunday, March 04, 2007

Day 61: WARM....but ohhhhh sooooo windy!!!

A lazy wake-up.......a strong cup(actually, several) of Fr. Roast coffee, a fresh Texas grapefruit, and the Sunday morning talking head shows. WOW....what more could I ask for??? Wellllll......we could have done without the winds. Yep.........if I hadn't known better I would have thought I was back in the Rio Grande Valley. The winds were really, really blowing with much gusto......and then because we are in the desert, the dust was blowing across everything. Should I complain???? HELL NO........I could be in the state of Misery where it is chilly....cold....not so pleasant.

This morning the 1st Lady did the laundry.....and then Mac and Gail dropped by and we had coffee/tea and lots and lots of talk and discussions.......until early afternoon. This afternoon......the 1st Lady and I went bike riding but only completed about 2 miles.....the winds were sooooo strong that it made riding quite an effort.

Later on, I spent some time catching up on my reading......well, that's not quite true. I don't think I could ever "catch up on my reading"!!!! I am sooooo far behind with reading the books that I brought to read.......will never get them all read. But....I won't give up!!!

We fixed dinner for Mac and Gail.........a great Italian dish that the 1st Lady enjoys fixing. Gail fixed a wonderful bread pudding.....and I don't even like bread puddings!!!! Guess my tastes are evolving???????

The 1st Lady and I made a decision to leave on this coming Sunday morning....the 11th....and drive to Quartzsite, AZ for a couple of days. For those of you who have not heard of this place......it is a tiny town on I-10 in the middle of the desert about 16 miles east of the California border. During the months of Jan and Feb the population can swell to almost a million people as the RV'ers arrive in huge numbers to camp/boondock just anywhere in the desert that they want to stay. I have seen pics of this and it is just really quite unbelievable.....with all of these rv's out in the desert. No water....no electricity, no sewage dumps.....etc., etc. Just a good time in the desert. At this point in time, the vast majority of the rver's have left, but I'm certain we will still be joining quite a few others in the desert for a few days.

In the town they have all kinds of huge shows: gem shows, rv shows, etc., etc. during the month of Jan/Feb. Now.......mostly flea markets, I hear. GREAT!!!!!

From there, we will cross the border over into California and then go north to Las Vegas for a few days. Hoping to see a former student there......we have kept in touch for several years and I always enjoying seeing my former band students.....their wives...and families!!!!

I just returned from playing Trivia at the Clubhouse.......14 of us playing on four teams. Our team won.........even though one of the answers, which we could have had, was wrong. I won't go into the question but just checked it out online and the moderator/questioner didn't have the correct answer. Oh well......it is only a game, isn't it????

Well, since I have a couple of snail mail letters to write, I will stop ramblin' around on this post tonight.....I intended to talk about all of these people in these tiny little houses or in their traveling tin cans living side by side behind a wall and gate...all winter. I will hold off on that discussion until.....tomorrow....ok???

My life is going really well........how else should or could it be.......because....

Life IS Great....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!
Remember in your own Life; If you don't think BIG....nothing BIG will ever happen!!

No comments: