Friday, March 09, 2007

Day 66: BUSY trip to Phoenix area.....

It was an earlier morning than usual as we had decided to leave by 8:30 this morning, so loitering over my cup(s) of Fr. Roast coffee was not possible today. And.......we did leave at 8:30 this morning. As Mac was going into NW Phoenix to see a Spring Training baseball game today with some park friends, we took their new Jeep and I drove into the city. Our first stop was probably the BEST part of the day.......we went to Chandler, a southern suburb of Phoenix to the:
Zelma Basha Safmeri Gallery of Western American and Native American Art!!

This is a free gallery at the Bashas' Corporate Office.....and is a gallery that any and all who come to the Phoenix area should, and must see!!!!! I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of wonderful paintings, bronze sculptures, wooden carvings, Native American handmade baskets, and modern western art works that are on exhibit there!!!!! Friends of ours from the Cedar Creek Club had recommended this to us......and they are to be THANKED over and over for telling us about this gallery!!!!!

Quite frankly, I am not a big fan of western art....BUT......this is something that has raised my appreciation for western art works to a very high level!!! It was just tremendous......and to think that this is NOT connected with any art gallery/museum/etc..........it is in the corporate office building of the Bashas Company.....which has many of the supermarkets and grocery stores here in Arizona. I can't recommend it highly enough.........if you are here, you MUST see this gallery!!!!

After that we did some shopping at some various stores and shops......and then before we had realized it, it was way past lunch time.......so we stopped at a Sweet Tomatoes. I always enjoy eating here......I feel sooooo good about eating all of this wonderful salad concoctions which are available.....but THEN.......I find myself feasting on some of their baked goods.....and all health benefits fly out the window at that time!!! Nevertheless.........we ate on their outside patio and it was such a fantastic day that it was really quite fun and enjoyable(even if I did consume way toooo many baked goods)!

Leaving the city area and driving south on I-10 the traffic was really not too bad even being at 3pm on a Friday afternoon. It is only a little more than 30 miles down to Casa Grande so it really doesn't take very long at all. We decided to fill the tank with gas as the prices are going up each day.....and it seems like every hour of each day!!! While at Flying J, we looked at their cell phone antennas and as we were driving back to the RV Park.....we decided to get one. To re-enforce that decision, I visited next door with a fellow who has a cell phone antenna on top of his RV and he loves it. He took my cell phone.....plugged it into his antenna cable and before he did that I had only one tower. After being plugged in, I had FIVE towers!!!

Sooooo, I took the truck back down to Flying J and filled up with diesel at $2.59 a gallon, including a one penny per gallon discount since I have a Flying J RV discount card. Then I purchased the antenna and phone adapter.....and returned to the rv park.

Gail and the 1st Lady were at the Clubhouse playing cards with some other friends....and so, Mac came over to TheHowserHouse when he returned from the ball game. We visited for some time and then the girls returned and we discussed the cell phone antenna topic again. After a quick bowl of ice cream at their park model.....and a bit of editing a problem on their new computer, we returned to our place and.....here I am writing this post.

Tomorrow is the LAST DAY here in Casa Grande!!!!!! Really am not wanting to leave.....but alas, all good things must come to an end(I guess). These five weeks have been just super.......splendid....fantastic....incredible....wonderful.....fun........the BEST. Nothing more need be said..........just re-read my posts since February 5th!

A good day this was..........fun, and full of my own education of western artworks....and therefore.....

LIFE IS GREAT....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: