Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 22, Jan 22, 2010: Another GRAND DAY!!!!! Fun and work(UGH)!!

WOW!!!! Another absolutely amazing day down here in south Texas!!!!! An 85 degree day with bright sunshine and blue skies.....and a steady southern wind coming up out of Mexico. We had a quick morning.......as we left a few minutes after 9 for the Alamo area in the RGV......and a great square dance session. Sooooo much fun again......we have such fun-loving friends who also square dance....and we enjoy each other each time we are together!!!



Returning to the RV Resort, we stopped at Academy......an incredible sporting goods chain down here, selling everything from jock straps to shoes to canoes to bicycle baskets.......just anything you might want in the name of sports!! The 1st Lady needed a basket for her new bike....and so we found just the one for her!



Returning to the rv, we had a quick bite of lunch as usual. I then changed back into my "work" clothes and began washing the windows of the RV. Finishing that task, I then started to wax the 5th wheel......a job that is going to take parts of several days. I am not happy with the results of what I did this afternoon.......it is oxidizing and even after applying two coats of wax to the small areas on one side, while there is a high sheen, when the light is just right, you can see the rag strokes I made while rubbing it. Not sure just what to do about it......anyone have an idea(s)???????



When 4:30pm rolled around.....very quickly, I might add......I stopped. My shoulders and arms are screaming loudly with each move that I make......damn!!!! I joined the 1st Lady, who had spent the afternoon at the Library and at the pool, and we went to Doug/Diane's for Happy Hour. We were joined by Bob and Cathie who have the motorhome between us and Doug's.....and we had some wine and lots of interesting talks about various topics.......of which I will not mention...haha!!! As the sun went down behind the tall palm trees, the sky was a beautiful color for just a brief few moments...and then, the strong wind became chilly as we sat around in shorts and sandals. The falling temps, while only into the 70's, drove us back to our homes on wheels.....and a light supper.



Tonight......my shoulder muscles are very sore.......ahhhhh, the life of a retired rv waxer!!!! And sooooo, this day....this beautiful fun and work filled day came to a close all tooooooo quickly!!! As I look at the calendar I realize just how fast this month is flying along......and then there is only one more month before we leave for the Alabama Gulf Coast, and Jeremy's wedding on March 6th. As just like my Life........time is going by sooooo damn fast!!!!!

We keep so busy down here......and we do enjoy it. But.....when we have so much fun down here we hate to have the time speed by so fast......so, we enjoy each and every day!

And, as always.........

LIFE IS JUST AMAZINGLY GREAT!!!!!!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

1 comment:

Larry and Cindy said...

John, for the rag marks and oxidation try using Mequiar's car polish then their carnube wax. Great Stuff..