Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dec 15, 2010: Winter weather winds up wet and frozen

Wed evening.......the sidewalks are frozen over, the truck appears to be encased in black ice, and I do not know about the roads. No school for most area schools for tomorrow.......

Well.....today was a real bummer for the sagging hulk of Me. I went to the Dr's appointment at 9am this morning for more of that electric stimulation on my upper left cheek. My leg was in pain most of the night and, continued through the day. After the appointment here, I returned home for another quick cup of Fr. Roast coffee.....and, then.......

Drove up to Farmington to the Orthopedic Center there where I had an appt with another Dr. so that he could set up the MRI for my back. And.....after being there about 30 minutes, I had an appointment made for tomorrow....Thurs.....for 9:30AM. I made a quick hobbling run through Penny's looking for a pair of leather gloves for the 1st Lady's birthday present for tomorrow.....but, nothing there that would work for her.....nothing she really would like to have.

Returning home.......I made a decision to not go to STL. Jeremy/Anne-marie, Dr. Jeni and Darrel and the 1st Lady and I were to meet in STL for late afternoon drinks at the Cheshire Lodge Hotel on Clayton Rd.....and then on down to Soulard for a birthday dinner for the 1st Lady at Franco's Restaurant. My leg was in quite a bit of pain, I had a headache.....and I just didn't think I could sit that long on the trip up and back, as well as the cocktail hour and dinner later. Sooooo, the 1st Lady drove up by herself to meet with Dr. Jeni/Darrel and then go into STL with them for the evening. Disappointed, I am...I am. But........I really thought I would be an old stick-in-the-mud this evening and put a damper on the entire "party" for everyone......and I would probably would have!

The rest of the day I spent laying on the sofa or on the bed, or trying to find a postion of comfort for my leg. This evening, I had talked and texted the "party group" and they are having a great time. They will all go back out to Dr. Jeni's home for the night......hopefully without slipping and sliding around on the highways which are becoming quite slick with the freezing rain.

And soooooo.....I have not mentioned our evening in Cape G last night with James Harryman and Dave/Sue Hanner. GREAT fun, even with the leg hurting like hell last night. Dinner was not as good as I had anticipated.....and expected at Bella Italia Restaurant. I ordered the Tortellini and was disappointed as the meal arrived luke warm!!!!! I suppose it had been sitting around while the baked dishes for the others was completed......but, after several bites, I decided to return it to either be warmed up, or to have another one replace mine. Well.......it was warmed over and then it became rubbery.........not a pleasant dinner.

After finishing we went down the street to The Library......a cool bar, which had a large amount of seating. The drinks were good....and not expensive, so we spent an hour or more there before returning to the car.....and returning back to F'town. A great evening.....(minus the meal).

OK.....hopefully tomorrow's icy weather will allow me to get out of the driveway and get my MRI in the morning!!!! And......pick up some flowers for the 1st Lady for her 64th birthday tomorrow. Time will tell...........

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!

No comments: